BATV is looking for a Program Director
Position Name: Program Director Reg/Temp: Regular-Exempt
Employment Type: Full-Time Work Schedule: Varies
Location Name: Batavia Access Television (BATV)
City: Batavia State: IL
Batavia Access Television is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request,
reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with
disabilities. Batavia Access Television is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and
minorities are encouraged to apply.
The mission of Batavia Access Television is to educate, entertain, celebrate, engage, and
inspire the community through programming that enhances the quality of life for all.
Batavia Access Television, Inc. traces its roots back to 1981, when in June of that year the
Batavia Social Services Corporation (BSSC) board was created by the Batavia City Council.
Batavia Access Television (BATV) has provided Batavia residents, organizations, agencies and
institutions with free, non-commercial television production and related services on a first-come-
first-served, non-discriminatory, non-monopolistic basis. These services include video production
equipment and facilities, usage and training, professional assistance, and cablecasting of non-
commercial, public, government, and education access television programs. The Director of Operations, and Production Specialist who are also liaisons to the Batavia Access Television Board administer BATV. Batavia Access Television seeks staff that is committed to the values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality, respect and trust that are integral to our mission.
Key responsibilities for this position include coordinating and conducting video broadcast of local
events and live streaming events, producing video programming, and related services supported
– Serves as broadcast administrator to include scheduling, appropriately configuring, testing,
connecting and monitoring cable channels, which include simultaneous video, audio, and web
– Facilitates multiple programs running simultaneously in a complex environment.
– Ensures consistent program quality in coordination with other BATV staff.
– Provides operational support, via phone, email and onsite, for video broadcasts.
– Assists with troubleshooting of broadcasting and network equipment and connectivity problems.
– Prepares studio and remote locations for video broadcasts, including the setup and removal of
recording equipment and peripherals, adjusting room layout and camera presets, and testing.
– Ensures that users are familiar with the use of equipment and features.
– Produces video programming and records events as requested. Edits recordings to be available via cable broadcast, video-on- demand, DVD, and other medium. Provides support for these media as required.
– Maintain BATV website content via WordPress.
– Maintains accurate customer information. Ensures accurate and timely records by scheduling, updating, and closing out events in the database.
– Participates in the planning, design, and implementation of new broadcast technology
applications, including new modalities such as video streaming, web-based applications, etc.
– Manages studio computers including periodic maintenance, upgrades, and expansion.
– Monitors storage capacity, efficiency, and longevity.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
– Video – Standard / High Definition
– Video compression technologies
– Television studios – Broadcast Cameras and lighting
– Production switchers (Tri-Caster Preferred)
– Broadcast automation & digital server play-out technologies (Tightrope Preferred)
– Archiving & management
– Operating systems – Windows / MAC (post-production)
– Post production – Capture and Non-linear editing (Adobe Premier – Creative Cloud)
– Willingness to learn new technologies is essential.
– Must possess strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
– Successful candidate must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, as well
as the ability to work well both alone and in a team environment.
– Must be technically skilled and adept at 1) quickly grasping and handling situations; 2)
communicating calmly and clearly with both technicians and non-technical participants; 3) taking
ownership of problems until satisfactorily resolved.
– Ability to juggle multiple activities and customers.
– Ability to work nights & weekends as required – approximately 30% of the time.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast Production, Communications or equivalent.
– Two years of experience working in a production or broadcast studio environment.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com or mail it to PO Box 731 Batavia, IL 60510